This meat has a completely undeserved reputation for fatty and unhealthy food. Meanwhile, lamb is most often used in Greek cuisine, which is recognized as almost miraculous. In meat, a lot of zinc and vitamin B12, improving the work of the brain. And almost half of the fat is a useful monounsaturated, helping to lower the level of cholesterol in the blood.
What to buy
The most convenient for cooking piece - leg. Do not be afraid of a light fat - without it the finished dish will be too dry and not aromatic. By the way, the smell - the younger the animal, the weaker the specific ram's flavor.
Baked or fried vegetables - onions, carrots, parsnips, potatoes. Lamb is good with rice and beans, for example with chickpeas.
THAN TO DRINK
Tart mature red wine - pinot noir or cabernet.
Lamb leg with rosemaryWhat do you need:
- 1 lamb leg (can be without bone)
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 large branches of rosemary
- 200 ml of white dry wine
- 2 tbsp. l. Dijon mustard
- Salt, black pepper
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to the maximum. Rub the foot with butter, then salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Fry the meat in a frying pan until it crusts. Then put it on a baking sheet and put it in the oven, heated to 200 ° C.
- Lay the potatoes and garlic on a baking tray. Mix mustard and wine with a glass of water and fields with a mixture of leg.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil - freely, without pressing it to the meat - and send all this beauty to the oven for an hour.
- Before you cut a ready-made dish, let him "rest" for 15 minutes. Eight starvation should suffice.
In one portion: 426 kcal, 16 grams of fat (4 g of saturated fat), 27 g of carbohydrates, 165 mg of sodium, 3 g of fiber, 38 g of protein.