To begin with, the density of hair and its structure are transferred to us with genes. Influence on the number of bulbs (that is, a liquid tail to turn into a mane, which can not withstand a single barrette) can not. There is the possibility of increasing the diameter of each hair, its density, but this will create only the illusion of density. With the structure of the hair, things are more optimistic.
|Straighten Or Curl Without Harm|
Firstly, during a lifetime it can be modified without your participation, and secondly, if you want, then you can turn straight strands into curly ones at any time. "Not only in childhood and adolescence - at the stage of the formation of the body - the hair changes its structure. This can happen in maturity. Most often straight hair becomes curly, and not vice versa.
The most common reason for such changes is pregnancy with its hormonal background change, then serious surgical interventions are going on. Poor care and too frequent use of styling tools can affect the shape of the curl. Then the curly hair turns into wavy hair, "says Daniel Titov, Creative Director of Aveda.
Hair structure: look insideIf you compared under the microscope the hair of an Asian girl and black skin, you would have seen that these are two completely different things. But since this unit in your house, probably not, we tell. The transverse section of the hair is completely different: in terms of the shape of the cortex (the main hair layer), you can determine whether the curl is curled and how much.
|Straighten Or Curl Without Harm|
So, for an Asian with perfectly straight heavy hair, he will have the shape of a circle, while an African woman has an ellipse or drops. "The diameter of the cortex depends on the genetic characteristics - thin, medium, thick. The main feature of the structure of curly hair is that the shape of the cortex varies along the length - somewhere it is flatter, which allows the hair to curl, "- says Svetlana Zimonina, regional technologist Matrix.
There is a category of technologists and hair stylists who believe that curly hair is unhealthy by nature. Judge for yourself: it has less protective layer than a straight layer, it is more porous (that is, obviously damaged, as after staining), therefore, it quickly loses moisture and absorbs harmful substances. "Porosity can be innate or acquired.
Straight hair, as a rule, has a smooth cuticle of regular shape, but some of their strands can become porous - due to the aggressive influence of high temperatures. Curly locks are porous by nature, their cuticle (that is, the protective layer) is large, deformed, "continues Svetlana. If you are curly, do not rush to worry.
Aveda Creative Director Daniel Titov does not think that curly hair is a disease. "It turns out that the Japanese and Chinese have healthy hair, but all the rest do not. Straight and curly - these are two self-sufficient types of hair, just the latter will not be harmed by special care. Use moisturizing shampoos and do not forget about nourishing masks, "Daniil advises.
The essence of the permLet's say you decided to do the chemistry or hair straightening (in fact it is the same chemistry, only in the opposite direction). Even if this is not your first experience, WH considers it your duty to inform you about something. For the first time in the history of mankind, a successful permanent chemical wave was demonstrated to the public at the beginning of the 20th century. The German hairdresser Carl Ludwig Nessler first experimented with his poor wife, who for some time went about burns, and then found the right proportions, put the case on the flow, curling the women, and earned himself not only decent money but also fame.
|Straighten Or Curl Without Harm|
Since the days of Nessler, the principle of perm (or straightening) has remained the same. No fashionable name, such as carving or with the prefix "bio", globally did not change the essence of the process: thioglycolic acid breaks the amino acid chains, which is what changes the structure of the hair. Yes, the concentration of the active substance has changed, the oils and the caring components have been added to the formula (now the scalp does not burn during the procedure, but the interior does not smell like in a chemical laboratory), but the principle of action is not.
First, the hair is washed with a deep cleaning shampoo to open the cuticle and introduce the active substances there. Such a tool is distinguished by a high pH level (this is not 5.5, but, say, 10.2). Maria Bureiko, the top stylist of Articoli Salon & Spa, said that this means that periodically, once a month, everyone should wash their hair, since ordinary soft shampoos do not remove deep, and not superficial, dirt. After that, the strands are wound on the bobbin (after discussing the shape and frequency of the curl with the client) and apply the composition itself. In those places where the hair goes around the bobbin, the chain of amino acids is destroyed, it forms a fracture - that is, a curl. Then the stabilizer (by the way, its composition has undergone significant changes since the beginning of the 20th century, but that's not the point), another portion of chemistry, once again stabilizer and care, care, care.
Keep locks with chemical stylingTo say that chemistry is a world evil, WH will not. This procedure remains in demand (although in some salons the price reaches 20,000 rubles, with care and packing), and even after unsuccessful experiments the girls still go for curls or straight, like sticks, strands. And they argue with masters who refuse to spoil rich and healthy hair. If you also want to do the same before insisting on your own, remember the following:
- In order not to lose the health of the hair, at least seven days must pass between coloring and chemistry - the process of stabilization of pigments lasts for so long.
- A good master, before agreeing to chemical straightening, will make a test for the elasticity and elasticity of the hair. He will pull for curls and follow the reaction of the hair. If he is fragile, he will send him home and prescribe a protein treatment.
- Natural hair is hard to lay and lay, and curling. Therefore, do not expect from chemistry something grandiose (in the sense of an ideally neat curl), if you have never been painted or discolored.
- Long-term styling (it's carving) is also a chemical effect. Most often it is done on the root zone or on selective strands. But do not be sure that three months after the procedure you will wake up with the ideal styling, and others will think that you have settled in the cabin. You are waited by usual packing, only it will pass easier and faster - hair become more pliable.
- If you are in a state of stress, take serious medications (especially hormones), with a curl it is better to wait. In this situation, hair can behave unpredictably.
- In the case of experiments with henna or basma, the road to the salon is also closed to you. Wait until the hair grows back - neither the master, nor the manufacturer of the chemical composition will not give you any guarantees.
- Straightening hair is considered less traumatic than curling. If you really want to get curls, do semi-permanent chemistry. This means that your hair will become curly or wavy for several months and you will not have to cut them off when the new ones start to grow.